Celebrating 50 years at Peterstone Court...
Pictured above are Bride and Groom, Roger & Mary Davis, and their Guests, about to enter Peterstone Court for their Wedding Reception on 14th November 1959.
The couple were delighted to remember this day 50 years on, by visiting the hotel to celebrate the occasion.
Fifty years ago, the Court was owned by a Major Jeffries, for whom Mary’s parents worked. The Reception was held in what was the ballroom (now the hotels restaurant).
Many of the local people who lived in the village were Guests.
During their recent nostalgic visit the couple renewed many happy memories of fifty years ago, the village of Llanhamlach has changed little, but the refurbishment and conversion of Peterstone Court to its current use was very impressive, maintaining the original character, but adding the necessary facilities demanded of a current modern day hotel.